Recipe: Bacon & Spice Asparagus Bundles
This gorgeous looking appetizer or side dish is perfect for dinner parties or holiday meals when you want to make an impression. We suggest a few of our favorite seasonings that work well with bacon and asparagus, but feel free to experiment and make it your own.
- 1 bunch asparagus (about 1 lb.)
- half package (about 6 oz.) thin, center cut bacon slices
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/4 cup choice of seasoning:
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar & Spice Honey Ham Rub
- 1/4 cup Park Hill Maple & Spice Pepper
- 1/4 cup Pearl St. Plank Rub
- 1/4 cup Barrier Reef Caribbean Style Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. soy sauce
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Trim ends of asparagus stalks so they’re all roughly the same length. Divide asparagus into small bundles of 3 to 5 stalks each, depending on size of stalks. Wrap each bundle with one piece of bacon and place on a foil lined baking sheet. In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat, add seasoning of choice and soy sauce and stir until incorporated. Drizzle seasoned butter over each bacon-wrapped asparagus bundle and bake until bacon is cooked through, about 15 to 20 min. Transfer bundles to a serving platter and serve warm.
Makes a great holiday feast side. For a party platter snack, double the amount of bacon slices and wrap each individual asparagus stalk in 1 slice of bacon instead of making bundles.