Recipe: Black Garlic Meatballs
Sweet black garlic adds a new dimension of flavor to meatballs in this easy recipe for a weeknight meal or game day snack.
- 3 eggs
- 3 cloves black garlic
- 2 Tbsp. Sage & Savory Stuffing Seasoning
- 2 Tbsp. Frying Pan Pork Sausage Spice
- 2 Tbsp. kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp. coarse ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. liquid smoke
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lb. ground chuck
- 1 lb. ground Italian sausage
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 (12 oz.) jar marinara sauce
Using a food processor or an emersion blender, blend eggs and garlic with all of the dry spices and liquid seasonings. Mix the 2 pounds of meat in a large bowl, slowly adding the seasoned egg mixture until fully incorporated. Add the panko and allow the mixture to rest in the refrigerator for 20 min. Use a cookie scoop or form the meatballs into 1-inch round balls and set aside. In a large high sided skillet, heat canola oil over medium high and sear the meatballs on both sides. Add your favorite marinara sauce and reduce the heat to a simmer for 25 to 30 min.
Serve with garlic bread, polenta, or pasta. Great on hoagies for a meatball sandwich.