Recipe: Buffalo Style Mexican Street Corn
A twist on a Mexican street food classic (Elote), these grilled corn cob bites are messy and delicious…and they just look cool.
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/8 tsp. dehydrated minced garlic (or 1 clove fresh garlic, minced)
- 4 1/2 tsp. Buffalo Wing Sauce Seasoning
- 1 carrot, peeled into strips then chopped
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced on the bias then chopped
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh parsley
- 1 tsp. lime juice
- 4 ears corn, shucked and rinsed
Try the sauce with other dishes; it makes a great dip for wings and veggies, or use it as a dressing for egg salad or potato salad.
For sauce: Mix sour cream and mayonnaise with blue cheese, garlic and 1 tsp. of the seasoning. Cover and set aside.
For slaw: Combine all ingredients and set aside.
For corn: Preheat grill to medium-high. Grill corn for 8 to 10 min., rotating regularly so all sides are evenly charred. Transfer to a cutting board and cut each ear into thirds. Place pieces in large bowl and toss with 3 tsp. of the seasoning. Add two-thirds of the sauce and toss to coat each piece of corn. Using tongs, place corn pieces on a serving platter and top each with a dollop of the remaining sauce and sprinkle with slaw and remaining ½ tsp. seasoning. Serve warm.