Caribbean Spiced Slaw
- 2 tsp. Red Habanero Hot Sauce*
- grated zest of half a tangerine
- 3 Tbsp. fresh tangerine juice
- 3 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. lime juice
- 1/8 tsp. ground allspice
- 1/8 tsp. ground ginger
- 2 cups julienned carrots
- 2 cups thin-sliced purple cabbage
- 1/2 cup tangerine wedges, crosscut into ¼ inch slices
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh mint
*Savory stores sell Red Habanero Hot Sauce or you can substitute with your favorite hot sauce. The spicier the better for this recipe. Slaw prep tips: Add 1 tsp. of hot sauce to dressing to start, taste and add more if more heat is desired. Dress slaw no more than 20 min. before serving so slaw remains crisp.
In a small bowl, thoroughly mix together all dressing ingredients. Next, place all slaw ingredients into a large bowl, top with dressing and toss to combine.
Use as a topping for our Bajan “TNT” Burger.