Recipe: Cheesy Mashed Potatoes
This rich mashed potato makes a decadent holiday side or a weeknight comfort food treat.
- 2 1/2 lbs. russet or Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 Tbsp. kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup room temperature butter, cubed
- Choose one of the following seasonings:
- 2 Tbsp. Highlands Italian Cheese Sprinkle
- 2 Tbsp. Bleu Cheese Dip & Dressing
- 2 Tbsp. Paris Cheese Sprinkle
Place potatoes in a large pot and completely submerge in cold water. Add 2 Tbsp. kosher salt. Bring to a boil and cook until tender, about 10 to 15 min. Remove from heat and strain. Return to pot and mash to desired consistency. In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring cream just to a simmer then remove from heat. Pour cream into potatoes, add butter, and stir until creamy. Stir in your choice of seasoning. Add salt to taste.
Makes a great holiday side. Also great with pot roast and veggies.