Recipe: Cheesy Turkey Gravy
For the gravy:
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tbsp. Nantucket Rosemary & Citrus Poultry Rub
- 1/2 tsp. Bourbon Barrel Smoked Black Pepper
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 lb. cooked shredded turkey or chicken
- 1 (10 oz.) bag frozen mixed veggies (carrots, peas, green beans, etc.)
For the gravy: Heat olive oil in a wide saucepan over medium heat. Add shallot and cook until translucent, about 5 min. Add butter. Once butter melts, stir in cream and cream cheese until smooth. Add Nantucket seasoning, pepper, and salt. Stir until everything is combined and the cream cheese has melted, but be careful not to let it boil. Serve immediately. For the add-ins: Once gravy is melted and warm, add the optional add-ins and continue cooking until everything is warmed through.
Spoon the gravy over turkey, chicken, or mashed potatoes. Add the optional add-ins of shredded turkey or chicken and veggies and serve over biscuits or baked potatoes as a main dish meal.