Recipe: Cilantro Lime Ghost Curry Aioli
- 4 oz. egg yolks* (6 to 7 depending on size)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice (about 1 large lime)
- pinch of salt
- 2 Tbsp. Ghost Curry Powder
- 1/2 cup sunflower oil (or other mild flavored oil)
*Raw eggs can carry salmonella bacteria. Use pasteurized eggs if you can find them. If not, make sure your eggs are fresh (grade A or AA) and properly refrigerated. Adjust amount of Ghost Curry depending on desired heat level. This recipe is hot but not crazy hot.
Combine all ingredients except oil in blender or small food processor and puree until smooth. With blender running, add oil in a slow stream until mixture becomes thick and smooth. Use less or more oil depending on desired consistency.
Delicious as a spread for sandwiches and burgers. Try as a dip for fish and chips, roasted potatoes or grilled vegetables. Store, sealed, in the refrigerator and use within a few days.