Recipe: Citrus Marinated Shrimp Skewers
These couldn’t be easier, and the simple marinade used to baste the shrimp can be used for other summer skewers as well, like chicken, veggie, scallop, etc.
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Choose one of the following seasonings:
- 1 Tbsp. Pyramid Peak Lemon Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. California Citrus Rub
- 1 lb. large shrimp, peeled with tails in tact
- Optional: onion and tomato pieces
- 4 to 8 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for at least 30 min.
Preheat grill to medium-high. Mix orange juice and olive oil with choice of seasoning to make a marinade. Add shrimp and toss to coat. Let shrimp sit in marinade for about 15 min. Thread skewers with shrimp; alternate shrimp with onion and tomato pieces if using. Brush both sides of skewers with remaining marinade. Grill for 2 to 3 min. per side or until shrimp is cooked through, brushing again with any remaining paste while cooking if desired. Serve immediately.
Serve on a platter over greens, couscous or rice.