Recipe: Creamy Stovetop Mac & Cheese
There's no question about it: everyone will love you for this dish! And you don't even have to tell them how easy it is to make.
- 1 lb. elbow macaroni pasta
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 tsp. Regular Yellow Mustard Powder
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 8 oz. cream cheese, cut into blocks and softened
- 8 oz. Muenster cheese, shredded
- 8 oz. sharp cheddar, shredded
- 3/4 tsp. Salt & Pepper Tableside Seasoning
- 1/4 cup Black Dip Barbecue Sauce (optional)
Customize by stirring in one of the following just before serving:
- 1 Tbsp. Georgia Boys All-Purpose BBQ Rub
- 1 Tbsp. California Fennel Pollen
- 1 Tbsp. Pike's Peak Butcher's Rub
If you'd like to add more variety to this dish, stir in sauteed diced red bell pepper or mushrooms, steamed broccoli, or shredded chicken/pork.
Cook elbow macaroni in a large pot of boiling water until desired doneness. Strain and set aside. Heat milk in a separate large pot over medium heat. Make a slurry with mustard powder, cornstarch, and water. When milk is simmering, stir in slurry and blocks of softened cream cheese. Turn up heat to medium-high and cook until cream cheese is melted and mixture is thickened. Take off heat and stir in remaining cheese and Salt & Pepper Tableside. Add in cooked macaroni and Black Dip if using. Stir to coat and serve immediately.
Garnish with chopped chives. If you used one, sprinkle on your choice of spice for a pop of color.