Recipe: Grilled Corn & Lima Bean Relish
This cool and refreshing salad or side is spiced with a kick of mild heat from a chimayo style chile vinaigrette. Toss it with shrimp or chicken to make a main meal out of it, or serve it as a side for a barbecue feast or southwestern inspired dinner.
- 6 small or 4 large ears of corn
- 16 oz. bag frozen lima beans
- 1 small red onion, small dice
- 1 red bell pepper, small dice
- 1/2 cup Chimayo Style Vinaigrette
- chopped cilantro for garnish
For Chimayo Style Vinaigrette:
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. Ground Mild New Mexican Red Chiles
- 2 tsp. Organic Ground Star Anise
- 1/4 tsp. Mayan Sea Salt
Preheat grill. Husk and clean corn. Place corn cobs on grill and cook until tender and charred, about 20 min., turning cobs every 5 min. or so for even cooking. Meanwhile, bring a medium pot of salted water to boil. Add lima beans and simmer until tender, about 10 min. Drain and rinse lima beans with cold water. When corn is done, allow it to cool, then slice the corn kernels off the cobs. Place corn, lima beans, onion and red pepper in a large bowl. Toss with Chimayo Style Vinaigrette.
Serve cold or at room temperature topped with chopped cilantro for garnish. Use as a side or condiment for any Latin-inspired dish. Great with tortilla chips or as a topping for tacos.