Recipe: Old Market Turkey Chili
Healthy and flavorful, this chili make become your new favorite winter weeknight staple.
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cups chopped sweet onion
- 2 x cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. extra coarse ground black pepper
- 2 lbs. ground turkey*
- 2 (15 oz.) cans pinto beans
- 1/3 cup Tomato Powder
- 2 cups water
- 1 Tbsp. Mild Chili Powder
- 2 Tbsp. Old Market All-Purpose Seasoning
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
*Lean ground beef works well for this chili, too.
Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until soft, about 5 min. Add salt, pepper and ground turkey. Cook until turkey is browned. Add beans, tomato powder, water, chili powder and Old Market Seasoning. Cook at a low simmer for 20 min. During the last 5 min. of cooking, stir in corn.
Serve with our Savory Spice Shop Corn Bread.