Recipe: Parmesan Artichoke Dip
This is a tangy, creamy dip or spread that works with several of our signature cheese seasonings.
- 1 cup whipped cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp. dried parsley
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 (14-oz.) can unmarinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- Choose ONE of the following cheese seasonings:
- 3 Tbsp. Parmesan Pesto Sprinkle
- 3 Tbsp. Gran Paradiso Parmesan Sprinkle
- 3 Tbsp. Foothills Salad Seasoning
Place cream cheese, sour cream, parsley, lemon juice and 3 Tbsp. of your choice of cheese seasoning in a food processor. Slowly pulse until blended. Add artichoke hearts and pulse until they breakdown to desired texture—a few short pulses for larger chunks and several longer pulses for smaller blended pieces. Season with pepper to taste. Serve immediately or cover and chill until ready to serve.
For a hot baked version: Fold in 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, or a combination of cheeses such as Parmesan, Romano, Monterey jack and cheddar. Butter a baking dish and fill with dip mixture. Sprinkle top with 1 Tbsp. cheese seasoning combined with 1 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 min. until golden on top.
Serve cold or warm with pita chips, sliced baguette or veggies. Makes a great spread for sandwiches and bagels, too.