Recipe: Pesto Paradiso
- 4 cups firmly packed fresh spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup Gran Paradiso Parmesan Sprinkle
- 1/3 cup toasted white sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup coarsely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. fine black pepper
This recipe is adapted from the New Recipes from Moosewood Restaurant cookbook’s Winter Pesto. For a version closer to the original, substitute Gran Paradiso with California or European dried basil, use ½ cup pine nuts instead of sesame seeds and increase grated Parmesan to 2/3 cup.
Wash and drain spinach and remove any large stems. In a blender or food processor, blend half of the spinach with all of the lemon juice and half of the oil. Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Toss with warm spaghetti, use to dress a cold pasta salad or spread on crostini with goat cheese and small slices of tomato for an appetizer.