Recipe: Roasted Cauliflower with Chard, Chickpeas and Dukka
- 3/4 lb. cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 lb. Swiss chard, stems and ribs sliced, leaves chopped
- 1-15 oz. can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup Dukka
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. coriander seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp. cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. coarse ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. Mediterranean thyme
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds*
*You can use hazelnuts or sunflower seeds in place of toasted sesame seeds.
For Dukka: Toast coriander and cumin in a small frying pan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until aromatic, about 1 min. Let cool. In spice grinder or small food processor, coarsely chop toasted seeds, salt, pepper, thyme and sesame seeds.
For cauliflower: Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a roasting pan, toss cauliflower, garlic and onion with 3 Tbsp. olive oil. Roast, stirring occasionally, until light golden brown, about 20 min. Add chard stems, toss to coat and roast until tender, about 7 min. Stir in chard leaves, chickpeas, Dukka and remaining 2 Tbsp. olive oil. Roast until chard is wilted, about 8 min. Stir and season to taste with more Dukka and salt.