Recipe: Singapore Noodle Salad
- 1 cup Curry Vinaigrette*
- 1 lb. medium-sized shrimp
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp. Asian Delight BBQ Rub
- 1-7 or 8 oz. package rice sticks (very thin noodles)
- 2 Tbsp. peanut oil
- 8 oz. smoked ham, cut into ½-inch julienne
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into ½-inch julienne
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into ½-inch julienne
- 1 bunch scallions, cut diagonally into ½-inch pieces
- 2 cups fresh bean sprouts
- 1 or 2 jalapeño peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes, optional
To make this recipe gluten-free, use a gluten-free soy sauce. *Click here for the Curry Vinaigrette recipe.
Peel and devein shrimp and place in a medium bowl. Add soy sauce, honey, lime juice and Asian Delight. Stir to combine, cover and marinate in refrigerator for 30 min. Meanwhile, bring large pot of water to boil, break rice sticks in half, add to water and boil 1 to 2 min. until tender. Drain, rinse under cold water and set aside to air dry for 30 min. Heat oil over medium-high heat in large skillet. Add marinated shrimp and saute until pink and cooked through. Remove shrimp from heat and set aside. Add noodles to large salad bowl, add ½ cup Curry Vinaigrette and toss gently to coat noodles in dressing. Add remaining ingredients and remaining ½ cup of vinaigrette and toss gently to combine.
This salad is best served right away at room temperature.