Recipe: Smoky Gazpacho
The smoked peppercorn and smoked paprika add an interesting twist to this easy, fresh, and spicy gazpacho.
- 1 English cucumber
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 small red onion
- 1 fresh jalapeño pepper, optional*
- 4 tomatoes
- 2 avocados
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 cups V8® or other tomato juice
- 2 Tbsp. Peruvian Chile Lime Seasoning
- 2 tsp. bourbon barrel smoked black pepper, ground*
- 2 tsp. Smoked Sweet Spanish Paprika
*Use more or less fresh jalapeño depending on desired heat level; deseed jalapeño for less heat. For best results, grind smoked pepper in a spice grinder.
Roughly chop all vegetables and scoop avocado flesh out of its skin. In a food processor, puree vegetables, avocado, ¼ cup cilantro, lime juice, vinegar, tomato juice, Peruvian Chile Lime, ground pepper and paprika for at least 5 min. until smooth. If your food processor is small, you may have to puree in batches. Chill for 1 to 2 hours before serving.
Serve with a dollop of crème fraiche or sour cream and chopped fresh cilantro.