Recipe: Urfa-Cardamom Shrimp & Pineapple Skewers
Super easy skewers with a touch of sweetness and heat.
- 1 lb. medium-sized raw shrimp (about 20 shrimp), shelled and deveined
- Bamboo Skewers, soaked in water for at least 30 min.
- 2 cups fresh pineapple as 1-inch chunks (about 20 pieces)
- 4 Tbsp. Urfa-Cardamom Simple Syrup*
- 4 tsp. Crushed Urfa Chiles
Preheat grill. Thread 4 to 5 shrimp per skewer, placing skewer through both the tail and head portion of the shrimp. Thread 4 to 5 pineapple chunks each on separate skewers. Place all skewers on a baking sheet and brush each with some of the syrup. Lay skewers on the grill and cook for 3 to 5 min. per side, until shrimp are pink and cooked through and both the shrimp and pineapple have nice char marks. Placed cooked skewers on a fresh, clean baking sheet and brush each again with some of the simple syrup and sprinkle each with Urfa.
Serve hot or room temperature over rice or cold over greens. This recipe also works with our Coconut-Kaffir Simple Syrup.