Recipe: Strawberry-Basil Spinach Salad with Allspice-Bay Poppy Seed Dressing
For the dressing:
- 1/3 cup Allspice-Bay Simple Syrup*
- 1/3 cup safflower oil
- 2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. Dutch blue poppy seeds
For the salad:
- 1/2 lb. strawberries, sliced
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 2 sprigs fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
For the dressing: Combine all ingredients in a small, lidded jar. Seal jar and shake until well combined. For the salad: Combine sliced strawberries and 1/3 cup poppy seed dressing in a small bowl, cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 min. Divide spinach among 4 salad plates and top each equally with the poppy seed dressing-infused strawberries, chopped basil and sliced almonds.
Dressing yields 3/4 cup. Serve with remaining dressing on the side.