Recipe: Gazpacho Salad with Avocado Dressing and Achiote Croutons
A fresh salad that you can make from scratch in no time!
For the croutons:
- 1 large day-old sourdough baguette
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tsp. San Andreas Achiote Rub
For the dressing:
- 1 avocado, scooped out of its skin
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. sherry vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. San Andreas Achiote Rub
For the salad:
- 6 Roma tomatoes, large dice
- 1/2 green pepper, large dice
- 1/2 cucumber, seeds removed and large dice
- 1 avocado, large dice
- 4 scallions, sliced
For croutons: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut baguette into ½-inch cubes and toss with oil and San Andreas. Arrange cubes in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for 10 to 20 min. until golden brown and crispy. Remove from oven and set aside. For dressing: Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use. For salad: Combine ingredients together in a large bowl, toss with ¼ to ½ cup dressing and stir in 1 cup croutons.
You’ll have leftover dressing and croutons to use on top of your other favorite salads. Dressing keeps for a couple of days in a sealed container in the refrigerator. Croutons keep for a week in an airtight container in the pantry. Tip: Turn dressing into a chip or veggie dip by using ½ cup instead of 1 cup water.