These make a truly impressive tea cookie.
For the cookies:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup Spiced Vanilla Bean Sugar
- 1 tsp. Madagascar vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black tea
- 1 Tbsp. Mt. Baker Chai Spice Seasoning
For the glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 tsp. black walnut extract
- 1 tsp. black tea leaves, for garnish
For the cookies: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat butter with sugar and vanilla in a medium bowl until well blended. Stir in flour, salt, tea and spices until just combined. Scoop and roll dough into small teaspoon-sized balls and place about an inch apart on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Press down lightly to flatten. Bake until lightly golden, about 15 min. Cool on the baking sheet for 5 min. and then transfer to cooling rack.
For the glaze: Stir powdered sugar, water and extract together in a small bowl. Spread glaze on top of completely cooled cookies, then sprinkle with tea leaves for garnish. Let glaze set for 5 to 10 min. before serving cookies.