Sage & Savory Sweet Potato Bisque
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 x large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 1/2 lbs. sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cups chicken (or vegetable) stock
- 2 cups apple juice
- 2 tsp. Sage & Savory Stuffing Seasoning
- 1 1/2 tsp. grey sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. fine white pepper
- 1/4 tsp. ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
We used yellow sweet potatoes in this recipe. For a brighter orange color and slightly sweeter flavor, use garnet yams.
Heat butter and oil together in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Once the butter foams, add the onion and garlic and saute until soft, about 3 to 4 min. Add corn and cook for 1 more min. Add sweet potatoes, chicken stock, apple juice, Sage & Savory Stuffing Seasoning, sea salt, white pepper, allspice and cayenne. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are fork tender, about 20 min. Use an immersion blender to puree the bisque until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste, then stir in heavy cream. Rewarm over low heat before serving.
Serve topped with our Sage & Savory Croutons.