Please note: we will be rebooting shortly. If your session is interrupted we will be right back!
Grill Smoker Boxes
This small smoker box is made to be used with your grill. For best results, we suggest using a marinade or rub on the meat, vegetables, or fish that you're smoking. Follow these easy directions to start smoking in your own backyard.
Airflow is important in order for the items to be properly cooked and smoked, so be sure to have the airflow slots partially opened on both the bottom of the grill and the cover. While it is important to keep the cover on the grill most of the time to achieve the best smoke flavor, be sure and monitor the smoker box occasionally to check and control flare-ups. Have a water bottle on hand to spritz down any flare-ups.
Beginning Instructions for both Smokers:
- Soak ¾ cup wood chips in 1½ cups water for 30 minutes.
- Strain water, place chips into a smoker box and cover with lid.
For charcoal grill:
- Arrange a single layer of charcoal on bottom grate of grill. Place rectangular charcoal smoker box on top of the charcoal. Cover and add more charcoal to form a pile that surrounds smoker box but doesn’t cover it. Light charcoal.
- After 15 to 20 minutes the flames should subside. Charcoal should be mostly covered with ash and have a slight red glow and chips inside the smoker box will start to put off smoke. This means the grill is ready for cooking.
- Place cooking grate into position. Position items being smoked and grilled on the cooking grate, leaving the area above the smoker box open. (This is important in case any wood chips catch on fire and need to be spritzed with water to prevent chips from burning up too quickly.) Cover grill to keep smoke inside, and cook items to desired doneness, turning halfway for even cooking.
For gas grill:
- Place filled, covered triangular gas smoker box between the burners. Light grill according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Heat on high for 15 to 20 minutes. When the wood chips inside the smoker box start to smoke, the grill will be ready for cooking.
- Lower heat to preferred cooking temperature. Position items being smoked and grilled on the cooking grate, leaving the area Immediately above the smoker box open. (This is important in case any wood chips catch fire and need to be spritzed with water to prevent chips burning up too quickly.) Cover grill to keep smoke inside, and cook items to desired doneness, turning halfway.
"Just received my order today and want to thank you for the prompt service. I am very impressed by the variety of your product offerings and reasonable prices. I'm so glad I found your company!"