Peachy BBQ Beans Recipe
6 to 8 servings
- 3 (15 oz.) cans pinto beans, drained
- 2 (15 oz.) cans white beans, drained
- 16 oz. peeled, sliced peaches (frozen or fresh), slices cut in half
- 1/2 cup Sliced Onion (or 1 cup fresh diced white onion)
- 1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 (12 oz.) light beer (or 1½ cups water)
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. your favorite BBQ seasoning:
- Native Texan BBQ Rub
- Georgia Boys All-Purpose BBQ Rub
- Homestead Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. Smoked Spanish Sweet Paprika
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce Powder
- (or 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce)
- 1 tsp. Kosher Salt
Add all Savory items to cart
Slow cooker method: Place all ingredients in a slow cooker crock and stir to combine. Set slow cooker to high and cook for 3 to 4 hours, or cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. Stir before serving.
Oven method: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Stir all ingredients together in a large Dutch oven or other heavy ovenproof pot with a lid. Cover and bake for 2 to 3 hours until beans are very tender and sauce has thickened. Stir every half hour or so; add water ¼ cup at a time if liquid is absorbing too fast or beans are sticking to bottom of pot.
Makes a great BBQ side with brisket, beef ribs, pulled pork, or pork ribs.
Savory Spice Test Kitchen