Introducing: The Easiest Risotto Ever319
with Mike Johnston
spice 'n easy
In October 2017, we launched our new line of Spice ‘n Easy mixes and got a lot of positive feedback from you! This month, we’re making home cooking even simpler with our latest Spice ‘n Easy addition: Saffron & Chanterelle Risotto (on sale through February 28, 2018 for $10.95).
What makes this Spice ‘n Easy so special?
1. It includes Arborio Rice
It’s our first product to come with a grain included. All you need to add is water, butter, and Parmesan cheese.
2. It features two exquisite ingredients
- Saffron, the world’s most expensive spice, lends its romantic flavor and vibrant yellow hue to this luxurious dish.
- Chanterelle Mushrooms, a difficult-to-find variety of mushroom that is highly prized for its tender texture and delicious flavor.
3. It was inspired by an adventure in Spain
Dan Hayward, owner of our Boulder, Colorado shop, went on a search for saffron last year. Read his tale to learn more about this coveted spice.
4. It’s great for a crowd – or for an intimate dinner for two
This Spice ‘n Easy can easily serve eight if you’re planning a dinner party. Or, you can opt to make only half at a time (like Janet and I did in the video below!). Either way…
5. You can make addictive Arancini (fried risotto balls) with the leftovers
All you have to do is form cold risotto into balls, roll in flour, dip in beaten egg, and coat in bread crumbs before frying in 375 degree oil until golden brown. Pair with our Rustic Red Sauce Spice ‘n Easy for a simple appetizer or snack anytime (including Mardi Gras and Oscar parties)!
6. It REALLY is easy
Risotto has an unfair reputation for being intimidating. Ours doesn’t require constant stirring, you only need three additional ingredients (one is water), and it’s ready in about 20 minutes.
But seriously, how easy is it to make this risotto at home?
Me and Janet, along with some other Savory team members, tried it out in the Test Kitchen and in our own homes.
Watch the video to see the results (which also includes cameos by a cat named Oliver and and a dog named Teddy, so...)!