Recipe: Abbeyque's Bourbon Barbecue Sauce
A boldly flavored sauce from someone who loves barbecuing enough to have earned herself the nickname "Abbeyque!"
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp. dark brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. molasses
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Honey Powder
- 1 tsp. Roasted Granulated Garlic
- 1 tsp. Granulated Toasted Onion
- 1 tsp. Red Rocks Hickory Smoke Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. Cook County Charcoal Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. Black Dust Coffee & Spice Rub
- 1/2 tsp. Bourbon Barrel Smoked Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Smoked Spanish Hot Paprika
- 1/2 tsp. Ghost Pepper Salt
Whisk all ingredients together in a medium saucepan and cook on medium-low heat for 25 to 35 min. or until sauce has thickened slightly. Stir occasionally to prevent burning. Cool to room temperature and store in a covered jar or container in the refrigerator for up to a month.
This sauce works well with brisket but is also perfect for your favorite barbecue proteins like chicken or pulled pork.