Smoky Cornmeal Drop Biscuits Recipe
10 to 12 biscuits
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup Smoky Hills Cheese Powder
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. Regular Yellow Mustard Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Alderwood Smoked Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup milk
Add all Savory items to cart
Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Add shortening and use a pastry cutter or fork to mix it in until it makes the dry ingredients crumbly. Add cheese and milk and mix until just moistened. Drop ¼-cup size scoops of batter onto prepared baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake for about 25 min. or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Serve with your favorite soup or stew. Makes a great addition to the holiday bread basket. Delicious with a barbecue plate.
Adapted from Taste of Home