Grill Smoker Boxes (Rectangle)
This small smoker box is made to be used with your grill. For best results, we suggest using a marinade or rub on the meat, vegetables, or fish that you're smoking. Follow these easy directions to start smoking in your own backyard.
Beginning Instructions for Rectangle Smokers:
- Soak ¾ cup wood chips in 1½ cups water for 30 minutes.
- Strain water, place chips into a smoker box and cover with lid.
For charcoal grill:
- Arrange a single layer of charcoal on bottom grate of grill. Place rectangular charcoal smoker box on top of the charcoal. Cover and add more charcoal to form a pile that surrounds smoker box but doesn’t cover it. Light charcoal.
- After 15 to 20 minutes the flames should subside. Charcoal should be mostly covered with ash and have a slight red glow and chips inside the smoker box will start to put off smoke. This means the grill is ready for cooking.
- Place cooking grate into position. Position items being smoked and grilled on the cooking grate, leaving the area above the smoker box open. (This is important in case any wood chips catch on fire and need to be spritzed with water to prevent chips from burning up too quickly.) Cover grill to keep smoke inside, and cook items to desired doneness, turning halfway for even cooking.