Big Red Bison Chili Recipe
- 2 lbs. bison sirloin steak, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp. Homestead Seasoning
- 1 tsp. Supreme Saigon Cinnamon
- 2 (28 oz.) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 (15 oz.) cans beans of choice, drained and rinsed
- Shredded cheddar cheese, to garnish
- Chopped cilantro, to garnish
Add all Savory items to cart
In a large pot over medium heat, sear bison until brown on all sides. Remove from pot and set aside. Add oil and onion to pot and sauté for 5 min. until soft. Add Homestead Seasoning and Supreme Saigon Cinnamon. Stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add tomatoes, beans, and reserved bison. Simmer for 20 to 30 min., or until thick and stewy. Garnish with cheddar and cilantro. Serve hot.
Serve with cinnamon rolls for a Nebraskan favorite.
Miranda Barnett, Savory Spice Test Kitchen