Recipe: Birtha DeBlues BBQ Sauce
A customer submitted this quick and easy Kansas City style BBQ sauce...and we love it! You can easily adjust the sweet, spicy, and smoky flavors to your personal preference.
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Medium Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Mild Yellow Mustard Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Organic Ground Ginger
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Jamaican Allspice Berries
- 1/4 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 1/4 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 tsp. liquid smoke, plus more to taste
Combine sugar and spices together in a small bowl. In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, combine ketchup, vinegar, water, and liquid smoke. Add dry ingredients and whisk thoroughly to combine. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and let simmer for about 15 min. Remove from heat and let cool completely before serving.
Use as a dipping or basting sauce with your favorite BBQ fare.