Recipe: Black Onyx Chocolate Truffles
These beautiful little truffles are super rich (and dairy-free!). Wonderful as holiday snacks or homemade gifts.
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3 1/2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 10 oz. 60 to 70% bittersweet chocolate chips or chopped chocolate bar
- 1 tsp. Pure Mexican Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Black Onyx Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Hungarian Sweet & Spicy Paprika
- 1 cup crushed pistachios
- 2 tsp. freshly grated orange zest
- 1/2 cup Mayan Cocoa
This recipe was adapted from the Decadent Chocolate Truffles from TasteofHealing.com.
Place coconut milk, oil, and chocolate over a double boiler. Allow chocolate to soften and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla, cocoa powder and paprika. Chill until firm, about 4 to 6 hours. Scoop with a spoon or mini scooper and roll into 1 1/2-inch (or so) balls. In one bowl, mix together pistachios and orange zest. Add the Mayan Cocoa to a separate bowl. Coat half of the truffles in the nut mixture and half in the cocoa. Chill until ready to serve.