Brining & Roasting Bags Instructions Recipe
1 brined protein in bag, 1 roasted protein in bag
- 1 package Brining & Roasting Bags
- Up to 15 lb. of your favorite protein (like a whole turkey or brisket) or smaller pieces of protein (like pork chops or chicken pieces)
Add all Savory items to cart
Designed for one-time use, these 18”x24” bags can be used for brining, roasting, steaming, marinating, or freezing poultry, meat, fish, and vegetables. Bags are oven safe up to 400 degrees.
Check Savory's Brining Mix to create an easy and flavorful brine for your protein.
When preparing and cooking a turkey, be sure to follow proper food safety and handling guidelines.
Brining Bag: One bag can be used to brine up to a 15 lb piece of protein, like a whole turkey or brisket. Line a food-safe container with bag and place protein in bag. Add enough brining liquid to cover protein. Close bag using the black tie included with bag. Refrigerate for about 1 hr per lb of protein. (If using pieces of protein, use the average weight of the individual pieces, not the total weight, to calculate the brine time. E.g. brine 4 (8 oz) chicken breasts for 30 min, not 4 hrs.) Discard brining liquid and bag after one use.
1. Preheat oven to up to 375 degrees depending on what you’re roasting. (Do not allow oven temperature to exceed 400 degrees while protein cooks in bag.)
2. Rub protein with your favorite seasoning. Coat inside of bag with 2 Tbsp flour. Place seasoned protein in bag. Close bag using the black tie included with bag.
3. Place bagged protein in a 2” to 4” deep pan large enough to hold protein and allow for some expansion; no part of bag should hang over edge of pan. Use a knife to make 6 to 8 slits around the top of the bag.
4. Roast protein for 5 to 11 min per lb depending on the protein and final internal temp you’re trying to reach; a whole turkey or whole chicken needs about 11 min. per lb. Protein usually cooks faster in the bag and cooking time may vary; start checking protein temp after 30 min. to 1 hr., and continue checking until desired temperature is reached. (Stick meat thermometer through bag to check temperature.) For extra crisping and browning of the protein, slit top of bag for last 20 to 30 min of roasting.
5. Remove protein from oven and let rest 10 to 15 min before removing from bag and transferring to a carving platter to slice and serve.
Savory Spice Test Kitchen