Buffalo Smashed Potato Platter Recipe
4 to 6 servings
Active Prep: 15 min
Cook: 25 min
- 24 mini new potatoes (about 1½ pounds)
- kosher salt (for seasoning)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 Tbsp. Buffalo Wing Dry Sauce, divided
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. Buffalo Bleu Dip & Dressing
- 1 Tbsp. Freeze Dried Scallions (or 2 fresh scallions, minced)
For slaw & toppings:
- 1 carrot, peeled into strips then chopped
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced on the bias then chopped
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh parsley
- 1 tsp. lime juice
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese (optional)
- 1/4 cup crumbled bacon (optional)
Add all Savory items to cart
For potatoes: Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Cover potatoes by at least an inch with cold water, add a pinch of salt, bring to a boil and cook until tender enough to be pierced through with a knife but not falling apart, about 10 min. Drain, transfer to a bowl and toss with 1 Tbsp. olive oil and 1 Tbsp. seasoning. Place potatoes in a greased baking pan and gently smash each with a potato masher so they flatten but stay in one piece. Sprinkle smashed potatoes with remaining 1 Tbsp. oil and seasoning. Roast for 15 min. or until browned and starting to crisp. Serve immediately garnished with sauce, slaw and toppings.
For sauce: Combine all ingredients and refrigerate until ready to use. Top potatoes with dollops of sauce or use as a dip.
For slaw & toppings: Combine carrots, celery and parsley with lime juice. Sprinkle across potatoes with blue cheese and bacon, if using.
Savory Spice Test Kitchen