Chicken Adobo Recipe
Active Prep: 5 min
Cook: 35 min
- 1/2 cup Hot Pepper Vinegar Barbecue Sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce or tamari
- 8 cloves garlic, smashed with the side of a knife and peeled
- 1/2 tsp. Coarse Black Malabar Pepper
- 2 California Bay Leaves
- 1/2 tsp. Black Lampong Peppercorns (optional)
- 4 skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs
Add all Savory items to cart
Combine Hot Pepper Vinegar Barbecue Sauce, soy sauce/tamari, garlic cloves, ground pepper, bay leaves, and whole peppercorns (if using). Add mixture to a non-aluminum pan and place chicken thighs in liquid. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce to a simmer. Cook on low, covered, for 20 min. Turn chicken over, then cover and simmer for an additional 10 min. or until thighs are cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Remove thighs from liquid and place skin side-up on a foil-lined baking sheet. Broil chicken for 3 to 5 min. or until the skin is golden brown. Meanwhile, bring liquid in pan to a boil over high heat. Cook, uncovered, until sauce is reduced and slightly thickened. Remove bay leaves and add chicken back in sauce to coat before serving.
Serve with rice and/or sauteed bok choy. Garnish with chopped scallions if desired.
Adapted from Rasa Malaysia blog