Recipe: Chicken & Sausage Chili
- 1 1/2 lbs. chicken, cubed
- 1 lb. Italian link sausage, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh garlic
- 1 (12 oz.) bottle dark beer
- 2 (14.5 oz.) cans petite diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz.) can kidney beans
- 1 (15 oz.) can great northern beans
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp. Mild Chili Powder
- 2 Tbsp. Ground Ancho Chiles
- 1 tsp. Ground Chipotle Chiles
To spice up the heat a notch for your personal taste, add a dollop of sour cream mixed with Ghost Pepper Salt.
In a large pot, brown chicken and sausage in a bit of oil. Once meats are browned, add pepper, onion, and garlic and cook for 4 more min. Transfer cooked mixture to a bowl. Pour beer into pot same and simmer until reduced, about 8 min. Add chicken, sausage, and veggie mixture back to pot. Add remaining ingredients and simmer for about an hour. Remove from heat and let cool for an hour. Reheat over low heat before serving.
Chili always tastes better the next day!