Chinese Five Spice Shrimp Stir-Fry Recipe
Active Prep: 15 min
Cook: 10 min
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. corn starch
- 1 Tbsp. sherry
- 1 tsp. Chinese Five Spice
- 1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/8 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into matchsticks
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 small crown broccoli, cut into florets
- 3 oz. enocki, oyster, or shitake mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1 lb. large raw shrimp, shelled and deveined*
- 1 small zucchini, cut into matchsticks
- 2 scallions, sliced
Add all Savory items to cart
*Look for shrimp labeled E-Z peel, shell & tail on for best flavor and easy preparation.
In a small bowl, mix water, honey, rice vinegar, soy sauce, corn starch, sherry, Chinese Five Spice, garlic powder, and crushed red pepper flakes and set aside. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add red bell pepper and onion, stirring and cooking just until onion begins to brown and caramelize, 2 to 3 min. Stir in broccoli and mushrooms and cook for 2 min., or until broccoli begins to soften. Add shrimp and zucchini, cooking for another 2 min., or until shrimp begins to shrink and turn pink. Pour reserved sauce into skillet and stir continuously until sauce thickens slightly and coats stir-fry, 1 to 2 min. Garnish with green onions and serve.
Serve with rice or noodles.