Cinnamon Lemon Couscous Recipe
- 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. Mayan Sea Salt
- 1 tsp. Supreme Saigon Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Granulated Onion
- 1/2 tsp. Granulated Garlic
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup carrots, julienned
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachio nuts
- 6 dates, cross cut into circular pieces
Add all Savory items to cart
In a medium saucepan, combine vegetable stock and lemon juice. Stir in salt, cinnamon, onion and garlic and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in couscous. Cover and let stand 5 min. Saute carrots in a pan for 5 min. over medium-low heat. Fluff the couscous with a fork and transfer to a large bowl. Add carrots, nuts, dates and cranberries and stir together until evenly distributed.
Great served with Za’Atar Spiced Meatballs. Use the oils from browning the meatballs to saute carrots for even more flavor.
Mike Johnston, Savory Spice founder