Recipe: Creamy Corn Casserole
This deliciously addictive side dish lies somewhere between a corn bread and a souffle. It makes a great side for a Texas-inspired barbecue feast. Or serve it up for a hearty breakfast with eggs and sausage.
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. County Clare Seasoning Salt
- 1 tsp. Salt & Pepper Tableside Seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 small package corn muffin/corn bread mix (8.5 oz. box)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 1 (16 oz.) bag frozen sweet corn
- 1 (14.75 oz.) can cream style corn
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium-high speed for about 2 min. until soft and fluffy. Add eggs, sugar, County Clare, salt, and pepper and beat on medium speed until combined. Add cheese, cornbread mix, buttermilk, and butter and mix on medium-low speed until combined. Add frozen corn and cream style corn and mix on low speed until combined. Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray. Pour mixture into dish and bake, uncovered, for 45 to 55 min. or until casserole is lightly browned around the edges and just set in the middle. Let sit for 5 to 10 min. before serving.
Makes a great side for a barbecue feast or holiday meal. Add a little kick with a dash of your favorite hot sauce.