Recipe: Curried Pickle Raclette Bites
This recipe is inspired by traditional Swiss raclette, a dish of potatoes, pickles, onions, and melted cheese. Our version is lightly spiced with a dash of your favorite curry powder.
For pickled shallots:
- 1 cup thinly sliced shallots (2 to 4)
- 12 Mysore Green or Black Peppercorns
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
For raclette bites:
- 9 small new or fingerling potatoes, boiled until just tender
- 4 oz. Raclette or Emmentaler cheese, thinly sliced
- 6 pickle spears, cut into thirds
- 1 tsp. your favorite curry powder, such as:
- Ghost Curry Powder
- Hot Yellow Curry Powder
- Zanzibar Curry Powder
For pickled shallots: Combine all ingredients and let sit for at least 1 hour, but longer is better. Can be refrigerated, sealed, for up to 2 weeks.
For raclette bites: Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Slice cooked potatoes in half lengthwise and arrange on a platter. Place a heatproof skillet in oven for 5 min. Remove preheated skillet from oven and arrange slices of cheese across the bottom. Place back in oven until cheese is melted and bubbling, about 2 min. Working quickly, top potato halves with a piece of pickle, a scoop of melted cheese, a spoonful of pickled shallots and a sprinkle of curry powder. Serve immediately.