Recipe: Elly’s Hotshot Spice Shot
This recipe makes a warming spice blend that you can stir into hot water for a daily shot or turn into a hot toddy for a tea-like sipping beverage.
For hotshot spice blend (1 cup):
- 2 oz. Organic Ground Turmeric
- 1 oz. Organic Ground "True" Ceylon Cinnamon
- 1/2 oz. Organic Ground Ginger
For spice shot (1 serving):
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. hotshot spice blend
- 1 oz. hot water
For hotshot toddy (1 serving):
- 2 tsp. hotshot spice blend
- 2 tsp. honey (optional)
- 8 oz. hot almond milk (or milk of choice)
For hotshot spice blend: Mix all spices together and store in an airtight container at room temperature.
For spice shot: Mix 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. hotshot spice blend in 1 oz. hot water and drink daily.
For hotshot toddy: Mix spice blend and honey with hot almond milk (or other milk of choice) and sip while it’s warm.
The hotshot spice blend or spice shot can also be stirred into oatmeal, smoothies, or herbal tea.