Fiesta Pinwheels Recipe
Prep: 15 min.
- 1 (15 oz.) can cannellini, garbanzo or kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice, plus a little more if needed
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tsp. Cilantro
- 2 tsp. Minced Green Onion
- 2 Tbsp. your choice of seasoning:
- Peruvian Chile Lime Seasoning
- Nacho Cheese Dip
- Family Style Fajita Seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 burrito size tortillas, white or flavored
In a food processor, pulse beans with lime juice until partially pureed. Add cream cheese, cilantro, green onion and 2 Tbsp. of one of the seasoning options. Blend until combined then adjust seasoning and lime juice to taste. Fold in shredded cheese. Spread 3/4 to 1 cup of the mixture evenly over each tortilla. Tightly roll up the filled tortillas. Use a blunt knife to press any extra filling into both ends of roll-ups. Cover roll-ups with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to overnight. To serve: Use a serrated knife to cut roll-ups into 1/2-inch wide slices.
Serve with a side of salsa or guacamole for dipping.THANKS TO
Dia, Savory Spice—Bend, OR (adapted from recipetips.com)