Greek Barley Salad Recipe
Active Prep: 15 min
Cook: 40 min
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 tsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Mt Olympus Greek Style Seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup barley
- 2 cups water
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1 (15 oz.) can garbanzo beans
Add all Savory items to cart
For dressing: Stir together all ingredients and chill in refrigerator while assembling salad ingredients.
For salad: Combine barley and water in a medium pot. Bring to boil, then reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and cook for 30 to 40 min. until barley is softened. Let barley cool slightly, then combine all the salad ingredients in a large bowl. Fold dressing into salad. Serve cold.
Garnish with chopped parsley or mint.