Green Chile & Cheese Grits Recipe
4 to 6 servings
- 1 Tbsp. Dehydrated Diced Jalapeno Chiles*
- 1 (4 oz.) can mild roasted green chiles*
- 1 1/2 tsp. Whiskey Barrel Smoked Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Onion & Garlic Tableside Sprinkle
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup heavy cream or whole milk
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits
- 8 oz. Monterey Jack or white cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt, to taste
Add all Savory items to cart
*You can replace dehydrated jalapeno with 1/2 to 1 whole fresh diced jalapeno or replace canned green chiles with 1/4 cup fresh roasted diced chiles.
Cover jalapenos with boiling water and soak for at least 20 min. to rehydrate. In a medium saucepan, combine rehydrated jalapenos, roasted green chiles, broth, cream, pepper, and Onion & Garlic Tableside. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Once boiling, whisk liquid while slowly drizzling in the grits until combined. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for 5 to 6 min., stirring once or twice to make sure mixture doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan. Uncover and stir in cheese. Taste and season with salt if desired; you may not need salt depending on the broth and type of cheese you use. Remove from heat and serve immediately.
Serve as a BBQ side or as a base for pulled pork, barbecued shrimp, or creole shrimp or sausage. Grits thicken up as they cool; when reheating, add a little broth or water to help thin them out again.THANKS TO
Savory Spice Test Kitchen