Recipe: Green Chile Cheeseburger Pizza
A cheesy fusion of flatbread, seasoned beef, and Hatch green chile.
For meat mixture:
- 1/2 lb. ground chuck
- 1 (4 oz.) can green chiles, drained
- 1 1/2 tsp. Gourmet Santa Maria Sea Salted BBQ Rub
- 1 tsp. Hatch Green Chile Powder
For béchamel sauce:
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- Up to 1 cup milk depending on desired consistency
- 1/2 tsp. Gourmet Santa Maria Sea Salted BBQ Rub
- 1/2 tsp. Hatch Green Chile Powder
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 pieces precooked flatbread or naan
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella, more if desired
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Honey, for garnish
For meat mixture: In a pan over medium-high heat, break apart ground chuck. As it begins to brown, mix in green chiles and spices. Remove from heat once thoroughly browned.
For béchamel sauce: While meat is cooking, melt butter in a small pan over medium heat, add flour and stir mixture until smooth. Keep stirring for 1 to 2 more min. Begin to add milk gradually until desired consistency is reached. Remove from heat and whisk in Parmesan and spices. Set aside.
To assemble: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spread desired amount of béchamel sauce on pieces of flatbread or naan, then top with meat mixture and cheese. Bake for 5 to10 min. or until cheese is melted and edges are crispy. Garnish with parsley and honey to taste.