Green Chile Mole Posole Recipe
Active Prep: 10 min
Cook: 8 hours
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 (29 oz.) cans hominy, drained
- 2 cups chopped roasted green chiles*
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. Mole Verde
- 1 tsp. Mexican Oregano
- 1 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Hatch Green Chile Powder (optional)*
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (1 to 1 1/2 lbs.)
Add all Savory items to cart
*Fresh roasted green chiles are ideal for this recipe but if these are hard to find in your region, you can use the canned variety. Add the Hatch Green Chile Powder for a little extra heat.
Mix everything except the chicken in a slower cooker crock. Nestle chicken breasts into the mixture. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours. Remove chicken breasts, use two forks to shred them, then stir the shredded chicken back into the broth.
Serve warm with tortilla chips, sour cream, and cilantro.
Suzanne Klein and Dan Hayward