Recipe: Grilled Creamed Corn
The corn packs a char-grilled flavor to this comforting side dish!
- 4 ears corn, shucked and rinsed
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup minced shallots
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp. Choice of seasoning:
- Coastal California Fennel Pollen Rub
- Cajun Style Blackening Seasoning
- Black River Creole Seasoning
- County Clare Seasoning Salt
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
Can be used as the base in our Creamed Cornbread Cake recipe.
In a large pot, bring 2 quarts of water to a boil. Add corn and boil for 5 min. Drain and set aside. Meanwhile, heat grill to medium-high heat and lightly oil the grates. Grill corn on all sides for 2 to 3 min. per side, being careful not to burn. Remove from heat and let cool. Once corn is cool enough to handle, cut kernels from cobs and set aside. In a large saute pan, heat olive oil and cook shallots until translucent. Add corn kernels, cream, garlic, and seasoning. Bring to a simmer. Add cheese and stir until melted. Remove from heat and serve warm.
Serve as a side with holiday meals or barbecue feasts. Top with poached or fried eggs for breakfast. Use as a topping for a grilled BBQ pizza.