Grilled Fennel Calamari Recipe
- 4 medium-sized whole squid tubes, cleaned with wings left on
- 1 Tbsp. Ground Fennel Seeds
- 2 Tbsp. Murray River Salt Flakes, plus more to taste
- 2 limes
- 6 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 mild red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 2 bunch mint, roughly chopped
- Pepper, Black, Tellicherry: Large Crack
Add all Savory items to cart
This recipe was adapted from the Australian BBQ School.
Preheat grill to high heat with the hood down. To prepare squid, cut the squid in half lengthways and scape the inside of the tube with the knife to clean. Score the inside of the tube in a crisscross fashion, then cut into pieces. Mix together fennel and sea salt. Sprinkle mixture over squid, making sure it gets into all the scores and set aside for 15 min. Zest and juice 1 lime. Combine zest and juice with olive oil and whisk together. Combine the mixture with red pepper, mint and salt and pepper to taste. Turn grill down to medium heat and grill squid for 4 to 5 min. Flip squid every minute to avoid char. Once cooked, toss squid in dressing mixture gently to combine. Cut remaining lime into wedges and serve mixture with wedges on the side.
Adapted from the Australian BBQ School