Grilled Greek Salad with Dill Quinoa Recipe
Active Prep: 20 min
Cook: 20 min
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2 large)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. Mt. Eolus Greek Style Seasoning
- 1 tsp. sugar
- Olive oil for drizzling
- salt & pepper for seasoning
- 1 head romaine lettuce, halved lengthwise
- 1 red bell pepper, halved
- 1/2 red onion
- 10 Kalamata olives, halved
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta
- Tzatziki Sauce (see recipe link in Serving Suggestions)
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable broth (or water)
- 1 Tbsp. Dill Weed
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
Add all Savory items to cart
This recipe is featured in Spice Club, Savory's spice-of-the-month club. Here are some substitution options:
- Vegetarian: Replace chicken with a 12 to 16 oz. block of extra-firm tofu sliced in half lengthwise, or two 8 oz. packages of tempeh, and follow the same marinating and grilling directions as the chicken.
- Vegan: Follow vegetarian substitutions and omit feta cheese, or use a dairy-free cheese substitute.
- Gluten-free: No substitutions needed.
For salad: Pound out chicken breasts to an even 1/2-inch thickness. Whisk olive oil with vinegar, garlic, Mt. Eolus, and sugar. Reserve 1/4 cup of the marinade to use as dressing later. Pour remaining marinade over chicken and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Preheat grill to medium-high and oil grill grates. Remove chicken from marinade, discarding any remaining liquid. Grill chicken for about 5 min. per side, or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Remove from grill, tent with foil, and let rest. Meanwhile, lightly drizzle lettuce, bell pepper, and onion all over with oil and sprinkle with salt & pepper. Grill veggies for 2 to 5 min. per side until nicely charred but not cooked through. Remove from grill, let cool, and roughly chop. Slice or chop chicken and toss with grilled veggies and drizzle with reserved marinade as a dressing. Serve over quinoa and garnish with olives and feta. Serve with Tzatziki Sauce on the side.
For quinoa: While chicken marinates, prepare quinoa. Rinse quinoa then combine with broth (or water), dill, and lemon zest in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for about 15 min., or until water is absorbed. Stir in lemon juice and set aside to cool. Serve as a base for the salad.
Check out our Tzatziki Sauce recipe that can be used as a dressing.THANKS TO
Savory Spice Test Kitchen