Grilled Pinchitos with Yogurt Lime Dipping Sauce Recipe
Active Prep: 15 min
Cook: 15 min
- 2 tsp. Southern Spain Pinchito Spice
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 3 tsp. lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. Crushed Aleppo Chiles
- 2 Tbsp. Southern Spain Pinchito Spice
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. beef, pork, lamb, or chicken, cubed
- Choose 2 of these veggies:
- 8 oz. white mushrooms
- 2 bell peppers (variety of colors), cubed
- 2 small zucchini or squash, thick slices
- 1 red onion, cut in wedges
- Bamboo Skewers, soaked in water for at least 30 min.
- 1 tsp. Crushed Aleppo Chiles
Add all Savory items to cart
For a vegetarian option: Use 14 oz. extra firm tofu or 1 lb. eggplant in place of meat. For eggplant, sprinkle cubes generously with salt and let sit in a colander for 30 min. to remove excess moisture before marinating.
For a vegan option: Make the vegetarian substitutions and use a non-dairy yogurt for the sauce.
For sauce: Whisk together all sauce ingredients and refrigerate until ready to serve pinchitos.
For pinchitos: In a gallon-size zip top bag or other sealable container, thoroughly combine Pinchito Spice, vinegar, and oil. Add meat and toss to coat all pieces with marinade. Refrigerate for 1 to 4 hours. Preheat grill to medium-high. Thread skewers with alternating meat and veggie pieces. Grill 5 to 7 min. per side, or to desired doneness. Transfer skewers to a platter and sprinkle with crushed Aleppo chiles to taste.
As a meal, serve over a bed of rice and drizzle with sauce. As an appetizer, serve on smaller skewers with sauce on the side for dipping.
Mike Johnston, Savory Spice founder