Grilled Steak Salad Recipe
4 to 6 servings
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 4 Tbsp. Kansas City Strip Steak Seasoning, divided
- 2 lbs. boneless strip steak
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced thick lengthwise
- 1 medium squash, sliced thick lengthwise
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes
- 1 small red onion, sliced thick
- 6 to 8 mini sweet bell peppers, halved
- 2 to 3 romaine lettuce hearts, sliced in half lengthwise
- Olive oil for drizzling
- salt & pepper for seasoning
Whisk together vinegar, orange juice, olive oil, Worcestershire, and 2 Tbsp. of the steak seasoning. Pour half the mixture (about 3/4 cup) into a gallon size zip-top bag. Add steak, zucchini and squash and seal. Toss gently so everything is coated. Lay flat in the refrigerator to marinate for no more than 1 hour.
Add remaining marinade to a blender with mayonnaise, Parmesan and tomatoes. Blend until smooth. Season with salt & pepper to taste and refrigerate until ready to dress salad.
Preheat grill to medium-high. Remove steak from marinade, wipe off any excess liquid, sprinkle generously with 1 Tbsp. of the steak seasoning and set aside. Lay onion and peppers on a sheet of foil; drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt & pepper and 1 Tbsp. of the steak seasoning. Cover with another piece of foil and seal to make a packet. Lay onion and pepper packet and zucchini and squash strips on grill and cook 5 min. Turn both packet and strips over and cook 5 more min. then set aside to cool. Grill steak for 2 to 4 min. per side depending on thickness then set aside to rest for 5 min. before slicing into thin strips. Sprinkle cut sides of romaine with olive oil and salt & pepper then grill, cut side down, for 5 min. Toss everything together and serve at room temperature with dressing.
Savory Spice Test Kitchen