Herb & Savory Pickling Spice Recipe
About 2 Tbsp.
- 1 tsp. Brown Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp. Dutch Caraway Seeds
- 1 tsp. Dill Seeds
- 1 tsp. Charnushka
- 1/2 tsp. Jamaican Allspice Berries
- 1/2 tsp. Black Malabar Peppercorns
- 1/2 tsp. Cracked Rosemary
- 1/2 tsp. Premium French Thyme
Add all Savory items to cart
Great for pickling brussels sprouts, cucumbers, mushrooms, summer squash, bell peppers, or green beans. A sprig of fresh parsley, dill, or both would pair well with this spice blend. Simply pack the fresh herbs into the jar of whatever you’re pickling.
Mix all ingredients together and use about 1 to 1 ½ tsp. of the spice blend per pint of pickled goods. To bring out the full flavor, toast the spice blend in a skillet over medium heat for 1 to 3 min., or until aromatic, before adding to your pickling brine.
Mike Johnston, Savory Spice founder